There are advantages in Army ROTC that are not found in traditional nursing programs. As an ROTC nursing student, you’ll combine college electives in military science with your regular nursing program. ROTC enhances your undergraduate nursing education or graduate nursing education by providing the unique leadership and management training, along with the practical experience needed for success, either in the Army or in a civilian career.
After obtaining your baccalaureate degree and meeting the prerequisites, you will receive a commission as an Army Nurse Corps (ANC) officer. As an officer, you’ll have the opportunity to lead, advance professionally, obtain specialized training, work with the latest medical technology, and serve with other highly trained medical personnel as an important member of the health care team. Army ROTC is where it starts for the future leaders of the Army Nurse Corps. Take advantage of the ROTC edge!
Nursing Scholarship Students: 2, 3, and 4 year nursing scholarships are available to eligible students at the University of Oklahoma. All nursing scholarships provide:
• Full tuition and fees or Room and Board
• $1,200/yr book allowance
• NCLEX review course and NCLEX test fees
• Additional financial assistance is available for eligible students through the Financial Aid Office.
Minimum Scholarship Requirements:
• United States Citizenship
• Full time student pursuing a Bachelors of Science or Masters of Science in Nursing
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5*
• ACT/SAT – Must meet university requirement at OU
• Physically fit
• Pass a physical exam
• 30 years of age on 31 December of the year you graduate from college
• Good moral character
For videos, success stories and frequently asked questions about Nurse Training and Scholarships, click here.