University of Oklahoma/Sooner Battalion Army ROTC Wall of Fame
Established in 2007, the University of Oklahoma Army ROTC Wall of Fame recognizes those individuals who have:
• Demonstrated significant contributions to the improvement of the Sooner Battalion and the furthering of the standards and ideals that make the ROTC experience at the University of Oklahoma unique
• Achieved distinction in their chosen military or civilian profession that reflects well on the U.S. Army, the University of Oklahoma Army ROTC program.
Membership in the University of Oklahoma ROTC Wall of Fame is limited to:
• Alumni/ae of the University of Oklahoma who earned commissions in the Regular Army, United States Army Reserve or National Guard through the University of Army ROTC program.
• Individuals who have been officially affiliated with the University’s Army ROTC program by their status as Army ROTC commissioned or non-commissioned officer cadre, or Department of the Army civilians.
• Individuals who were enrolled in the Army ROTC program at the University of Oklahoma during the mandated period (1917-1973) but did not receive their commission for whatever reason.
To nominate an eligible individual for inclusion in the Wall of Fame, anyone may complete the nomination form and return it to Sooner Battalion secretary (address below). This form will be available at the University of Oklahoma Army ROTC armory and in electronic format on the Army ROTC website. In either case, complete nominations must arrive at the University of Oklahoma before 1 March of the year nominated for induction.
Sooner Battalion Secretary
University of Oklahoma Army ROTC
290 W. Brooks
Norman, Oklahoma 73019
Upon receiving all nominees, a selection committee consisting of two cadets from each military science class will be assembled. The Professor of Military Science will head the committee as a nonvoting member. The committee will convene no later than 15 April to select the individual(s) who will be considered for induction into the Wall of Fame that fall. The committee will forward its recommendation(s) to the OU Army ROTC Alumni Association. Annually, no more than four (4) individuals will be inducted into the Wall of Fame. The OU Army ROTC Alumni Association reserves the right to set the number of annual inductees in any given year. The President of the OU Army ROTC Alumni Association will announce the names of the newly selected inductees at the annual alumni dinner held in November.
The OU Army ROTC Alumni Association will present each inductee with an engraved plaque at the annual alumni dinner. The plaque will be displayed on the OU Army ROTC Wall of Fame located in the Armory lounge.