Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
Are you a member of the National Guard or the Army Reserve and want to serve as a commissioned officer? Are you already a member and desire the opportunity to go Active Duty as a commissioned officer? If so, the SMP Program is designed for actively drilling reservists or guardsman who desire to serve as officers. Some of the benefits include:
• Continue to receive your GI Bill and Educational Kicker from your unit
• Continue to receive Tuition Waiver/Tuition Assistance from you unit
• Serve in your unit as a SMP Cadet at the Grade of E-5 once contracted.
• Receive $300-$500 per month from ROTC as a contracted SMP Cadet
• You may be eligible for a $350 kicker from your unit