|The Ranger Challenge Competition tests each team's physical and team work abilities. The teams consist of 6 cadets and 1 alternate. The competition events include a medical assault course, grenade assault course, one rope bridge, assembly/dis-assembly of an M16 rifle, obstacle course, improvised raft course, and a 10k ruck march.Training for this competition begins early in the fall and selection for the team is on a highly competitive basis.Selection for the Ranger Challenge Team is mentally and physically challenging, with the team selection process lasting two weeks. After the team has been selected, a large focus is placed on learning all the necessary skills to effectively compete in the Ranger Challenge Competition.The University of Oklahoma competes against every ROTC battalion that fields a team in the 5th Brigade Western Region. Our competition includes, but is not limited to Oklahoma State University, Cameron University, University of Central Oklahoma, University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff, University of Central Arkansas, and Arkansas State University.
Do you think you have what it takes to meet the Ranger Challenge?
- Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment.
- Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move farther, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.
- Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be. One-hundred-percent and then some.
- Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.
- Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.
- Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!